Two Open Source projects make it possible! OpenVario is a glide computer for XCSoar. Both are Open Source projects developed by glider enthusiasts and engineers in their spare time. SteFly offers ready to use 7″ and 5,7″ devices with perfectly sunlight readable displays. OpenVario can be used with the integrated electronic variometer or with an external variometer.
- Linux operating system
- XCSoar as navigation software
- Latest generation pressure sensors
- Sunlight readable displays
- User input with rotary module or remote stick
- File transfer via USB stick
- 2 x serial port on RJ45 with IGC pinout
- 2 x serial port on D-Sub 15
- 2 x USB
- 1 x Micro SD (4GB included)
- 4 x GPIO
- 3,5mm female connector for temperature sensor
- Audio out for variometer
Source: ‚SteFly, Stefan Langer‘.